Monday 28 January 2013

Is Writing an Arduous Task?

         Is writing an arduous task for you? For me, writing can be an interesting task or a difficult job which depends on the purpose of writing. If the purpose of writing is for academic or studies use, I will take more effort to finish it. On the other hand, I will use an informal  and relax way to write for fun or pleasure when I am free. Apart from purpose of writing, the language that use to write can also affect the arduousness of writing to me. When I am using my mother language-Chinese language to write, I feel free and fluent in my writing instead of a lot grammatical error and deficiency of vocabulary when I write in English language.

        We need to do a lot of writing when we are doing assignments, homework, exams and tasks for academic use. In order to get more information about the topic that I want to write, I will do some research and planning before I start writing. This action can make me have deeper understanding on the topics that I want to write and create the writing product in an easier way. Therefore, I need quite a long time to finish my writing task and take a lot of effort to produce an essay or research. But, I can learn more from this research action and this can improve my knowledge in the related topics or issues. While for planning part, I will joint down the words that flash in my mind and make a draft before I start my writing. My writing structures can be more neatly and easy to understand after planning and drafting.

        Besides, I think writing is an interesting task when I write something for fun. Nowadays, the youngsters like to share their feeling and thinking by writing in their own blog or social network website. Of course, the youngsters included me. For instance, almost everyone in the world has a Facebook account to upload their photos, comment on status and most importantly, Facebook users can write their own opinions or even feeling on their own wall. Social networking is not only can communicate with people in the whole world, but it can also improve the writing skill of a writer when he or she use formal language when writing. For your information, I have a blog. I like to share my feeling or what has happened in my life no matter happy, sad, furious or regret in my blog, But it is in Chinese language which is my mother tongue language. It can relieve my stress from my life and thus writing for fun is important in my life.

       In a nutshell, writing can either an arduous task or an interesting job for me. However, I wish that I can change the arduous writing job when using English language into interesting task. Reading more English language novels, listening to English radio FMs and watching more America series dramas or movie will be my alternatives to enhance my vocabulary and writing skill in order to produce a high quality writing essay or research. Therefore, let us work hard together to achieve our own aims or targets and proceed to the next level in our life!


No comments:

Post a Comment